– A vatting of fewer than 20 casks including sherry seasoned European oak casks, combined with first-fill Bourbon casks and refill casks, hand decided on by Gordon Motion, Master Whisky Maker at Highland Park.
– Laid down and matured safely inside the 19 dunnage and 4 racking warehouse at The Highland Park Distillery in Kirkwall, Orkney.
– Filtered at 6 – 9 degrees Celsius to bring out key flavours
– Sorted by Keith Moar – stillman then, warehouse team leader now – who has been at The Highland Park distillery for so long as the whisky.
– Naturally wealthy and golden, it is colour driven entirely by Highland Park casks with out additives.
Official Tasting Notes by Highland Park:
Rich and golden with warm hints of copper, this 25 Year Old is mature and whole bodied yet reveals a colourful sweetness with notes of warm vanilla, buttery fudge and heather honey, overlaid by soft dried fruits. Its long and smooth finish leaves hints of heathery peat smoke and a whisper of salty sea spray lingering at the palate.
Highland Park Whisky
Produced in Scotland